Submissions for the 2023 SouthSide Film Festival are now open.
Earlybird Deadline (November 1, 2022):
$20, $10 for students
Regular Deadline (February 1st, 2023):
$25, $15 for students
Late Deadline (March 1st, 2023):
$35, $20 for students
Extended Deadline (April 1st, 2023):
$50, $35 for students
May 1, 2023
Why Submit to the SouthSide Film Festival?
-Professional Screening Equipment displaying your film
-Media Exposure (provided you give us the proper press kit material)
-SSFF Program – printing of photo, bio and film description
-Web Site listing and link to film’s web site
-Two (2) All-access SSFF passes
-Audience feedback session opportunities post-screenings
-FREE HOUSING at the “Filmmaker Village” during the festival
-Parties, Food and more
-Wares – we encourage our filmmakers to sell their films (past and present), merchandise, etc. to make a little money at the Festival. You keep 100% of what you sell before and after each screening, BUT you are in charge of all transactions. The SSFF cannot provide change or manage -transactions.
-Entry Fee Waiver for any future SouthSide Film Festival! This could be the last time you pay an entry fee to our festival. One waiver per director, per year.
The SSFF Jury focuses only on the filmmakers ability to tell a compelling cinematic story. We want our Festival to be a springboard for flimmakers with this talent to move on to bigger and possibly bolder projects. Selected films need not be polished pieces, just demonstrations of great efforts and successes for telling a good story. Official Selections constitute about 25% of the overall number of submitted films to our Festival. It is a difficult selection process for us to limit the field as such.
Submission and Selection Process:
- Send us the submission package
- Film is reviewed by the SSFF Jury
- After full viewing of all submitted films, the SSFF Jury makes the tough selections for the limited screening times available.
- Official Selection notifications into the SSFF 2023 are sent out by mail on or by May 1. We will also notify as to what format of the film we will require.
- We require a DVD backup of the film for emergency purposes or if the audience requests additional screenings of the film (with your prior approval). If not submitted as a preview copy, please send an acceptable DVD version of the film along with the accepted Festival Format.
- Sign up for a limited space in the “Filmmaker Village” if you are planning to attend the SSFF.
- Come to the Festival for a great extended weekend.